Have you noticed standing water in your yard? Do you have water appearing on your concrete basement floor? Saturation of
When it comes to waterproofing your basement there are instances that there isn’t available access to the perimeter of your exterior foundation walls. For exterior basement waterproofing there needs to be a minimum of 2.5 feet distance away from your foundation walls for the excavation to be feasible. This space allows workers to create a ditch and enough space to perform the installation of the waterproofing and weeping tile system.
Another instance is that the hydrostatic pressure is why water enters the interior of the basement under the footing, sometimes seeping in from the floor area.
In the cases above your option is an interior waterproofing system, which includes the application of a waterproofing barriers on your interior walls, digging out and installing an interior weeping tile system in the perimeter of the basement and adding a sump pump that discards water away from your property.
Interior waterproofing involves the following steps:
- When it comes to finished basements the lower part of stud walls must be removed to expose the bare basement walls.
- When the foundation walls are exposed then repairs are done to any cracks or fissures that have formed.
- Digging out and exposing the foundation footings which includes jackhammering the basement floor slab next to the foundation walls.
- Weeping holes are drilled into the bottom course of the concrete block for water to drain.
- As part of the weeping tile system, a perforated drain pipe is laid next to the footings.
- The waterproofing membrane and barriers are then installed on the foundation walls.
- A sump liner and submersible sump pump are then installed beneath the basement floor.
- The draining pipe of the weeping tile is routed to the sump pump.
- The lower portion of the drainage membrane and the drain pipe are then covered by new concrete to fill up the trench along the foundation walls and level the floor.
To determine if interior waterproofing is the right basement waterproofing solution for your home or building you can schedule a free on-site assessment by a basement waterproofing professional.
Interhome Waterproofing has over 15 years of experience in the installation of basement waterproofing systems. We provide exterior & interior waterproofing and weeping tile and sump pump installations. Give us a call today to book your free on-site assessment. We are happy to educate you on the available waterproofing options for your property: 416-836-5253
Call Us Today: 416-836-5253
Book your free on-site inspection and consultation with one of our basement waterproofing experts.
- What is a weeping tile or French drain?Have you noticed standing water in your yard? Do you […]
- Top 5 causes of basement foundation cracksThe condition of your property’s foundation is the […]
- Toronto: Get an 80% subsidy for a sump pump installationIs your home or property prone to basement flooding? […]