Is your home or property prone to basement flooding? There are steps you can take to protect your property from flooding and installing a sump pump is one of them. A sump pump is, as the name indicates, a pump that is installed at the lowest grade of your basement floor. In the case of a flood water fills up the sump pit and triggers the operation of the sump pump which in turn removes water from your basement expelling it to the outside of your property.
Toronto’s Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program offers 80% subsidy, up to maximum $1,750 for the installation of a sump pump system. The city of Toronto has been facing more frequent severe weather events which result in flooding. In an effort to assist homeowners the city of Toronto offers a subsidy for:
- Installation of backwater valve
- Installation of sump pump
- Severance and capping of your external weeping tile connection
In this article we will focus on the sump pump installation subsidy.
What is covered
- Installation or replacement of sump pump
- Installation of alarm for sump pump
- Installation of backup power for sump pump
The available subsidy is 80% up to a maximum of $1,750. That is regardless of the number of devices installed, including labour, materials, permit cost and taxes.
- The subsidy is offered to registered owners of single-family, duplex and triplex residential homes in the city of Toronto.
- The subsidy is only available to existing homes and not to homes under construction or planning.
- Your downspouts must be disconnected from the city’s sewer system. After you complete the installation you have to submit your application within a year to be eligible.
- All contractors and subcontractors that performed the job must carry proper and valid license from the City of Toronto, for the installation work and at the time of the installation.
- The original invoices must be provided along with your application.
- You must not have outstanding tax or debt owed to the City of Toronto at the time of your application.
- Finally submitting an application does not guarantee receiving a subsidy, subsidies are issued on a first-come first-served basis.
To apply Download the Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program application form.
Interhome Waterproofing is licensed by the City of Toronto for sump pump systems installations and we have been in the basement waterproofing business for the past 15 years. We offer interior and exterior basement waterproofing, sump pump installation and weeping tile installation. Give us a call today for a free on-site assessment: 416-836-5253
Call Us Today: 416-836-5253
Book your free on-site inspection and consultation with one of our basement waterproofing experts.
- What is a weeping tile or French drain?Have you noticed standing water in your yard? Do you […]
- Top 5 causes of basement foundation cracksThe condition of your property’s foundation is the […]
- Toronto: Get an 80% subsidy for a sump pump installationIs your home or property prone to basement flooding? […]